dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Good morning Gerbils!

Just stopped in for lunch and

SUPPRISE!!!!

Harper is going to go with me on the rest of the route!!!

It’s like winning the Lottery twice in one week!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Years Eve Day, GN!

Hi, dv8 (and Harper!!1!)!

Paddy --

That was quite a scary-ass tale of getting stuck on the freeway; glad you and Mrs. Paddy were able to get extricated and safely home.

SackO’SugarK -- deservedly -- has the day off; I do not. Bah!

BBL.

========================

bert evil new year.jpeg
Last edited 8 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Happy Day Off to BrendaK!!

Happy Day on to Fatwa

I guess it’s sleep time for us.

It all took forever this morning.

It’s 9am our time, and we just got home about a half hour ago.

Good morning, Fatwa, and Dv8 -- happy Friday, GN.

I was watching videos of the fires in Colorado. Unbelievable. I did two jobs in that area years ago. Taught a 3-day MRP class at Hunter Douglas in Broomfield and then a 6 month SAP gig at StorageTek in Louisville.

Happy Friday/New Year’s Eve Day, Gerbil Nation!
Good day, dv8 (and Harper!), Fatwa, and Sven!

Mrs. Paddy and I got to be at about 3:00 a.m. after putting finishing touches and doing clean-up on “our” float. There was still work being done on a couple of more floats, but I needed to be able to drive home without falling asleep. Judging was at 9:00 this morning.

Teh Older found out yesterday that his department was exposed to COVID and were all sent home. He got his test this morning, but won’t get the results until Monday (the rapid test doesn’t detect the Omicron variant). So he’s quarantining in his room until then.

Drive-by:

Hi, Sven and Paddy!

Despite the fact it’s not even 16:00 in L.A., I’m calling a lid on the day. And year.

Paddy --

Hope your boy’s test result comes back “common cold” at worst. (Was glad Jim’s did yesterday, too.)

Actually feel like having a couple of drinks tonight, but I’m too lazy to schlep to the package store to overpay for some cheap bourbon. Oh, well…fuggit.

Here’s hoping for a better 2022 for all of us…but not holding my breath.

2021 showing 2022 around workplace.jpeg

Here are a few pictures of the float we worked on for the Tournament of Roses Parade this year. It’s the Aids Healthcare Foundation and yes, there was a Jetson’s vibe. The first photo was taken Monday evening from the top of the scaffolding at the back of the float, looking over some of the over floats in the building. The next two are from the front of the float. The first was taken Thursday afternoon, the second was taken Thursday evening.

IMG_20211227_184954269.jpg

Since I’m limited on the size I can upload, here’s picture two.

IMG_20211230_141812396.jpg

And three.

IMG_20211230_225306285.jpg
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Nice!!! That is very elaborate!!

Thanks. This is actually one of the simpler floats we’ve worked on over the years.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I’m actually streaming again. Twice in one week!!! World records? No. But here we are.