G’day, GN!

Mac --

Cheers for all of the info you shared with Sven yesterday re backups; I recalled you’ve previously mentioned having redundant, robust backup procedures.

Looks like parts of SoCal are almost as cold as Happy Larryville this morning…eeep!

Late yesterday afternoon PST, got almost a dozen new leak reports; largely on roofs we warned a particular HOA (located not too far from Teh Mountain Redoubt) about more than five years ago.

(Since they’re improperly installed tile roofs, fixing them ain’t quick or cheap. It’s an unfortunate situation for the HOA, which has generally treated us pretty well since we started servicing them.)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hi, Fatwa -- happy Tuesday, boys.

Thanks again for all the information shared last night, Mac. Mostly what I’m concerned with backing up files: audio, image, documents. That’s about 500 GB. However, this machine is getting old and I keep thinking about replacing it, so a full disk image is probably what I ought to be doing.

Work. Yuck. Paycheck -- good.

It’s been dipping into the 30s the last couple of weeks out here, Fatwa. It’s almost like a real winter.

Reply to  Mac

Thanks, Mac. On Windows 10. I think I’ll give the paid version of Acronis a try and see how that works.

Happy Judgmental Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- I’d hate to think about the cost of repairing a tile roof. Makes me glad I don’t live in a condo with an HOA.

Sven -- I’d be interested in what you finally come up with for a backup solution.

Got a text from Teh Younger this morning. He was offered full-time employment at his aquarist position. The benefits aren’t great, but they are much better than no benefits.

Congrats to Teh Younger, Paddy!

Are them people still stuck on the highway in Virginia? No sympathy for the fed workers from DC, but the truckers and innocents, hope they get moving and stay warm.

From what I hear, Gov. Northam is nowhere to be found.

Shocker, and it won’t be a big story because D.

Unless they can blame it on the new governor, who hasn’t been sworn in, yet.