“Surly Kitteh In Mirror May Be Closer Than It Appears” greetings, GN.

Also, Happy St. Valentine’s Day.

If I didn’t have such a special relationship with JimCo, I’d call-in “sick” today. Or possibly the whole damned week. I’m burnt-out and at the end of my rope with various job-related BS. (Violence may not always “be the answer”, but sometimes it’s well-warranted.)

Perhaps I should go buy what my Kentucky-bred radio / audio engineering mentor called his “Hillbilly Retirement Plan” -- a Powerball ticket.

=====================

upside-down stormtrooper helmet.jpeg

Hi, Fatwa -- hang in there. As difficult as the bs you have to wade through is, you know what you need to do for your friend, co-workers, and employer. That’s who you are.

Watched most of the Super Bowl yesterday although without much interest or excitement. Did lose a bet that I made with a Ram’s fan, but so it goes. I heard that the half-time show, which I never watch, was wonderful and some kind of triumph for the DIE crowd despite the systemic racism that surrounds the NFL. Only sporadic rioting after the game.

BTW, although LA’s mask mandate is still in place, not a single mask in sight at Sofi. Those in charge aren’t even pretending anymore -- probably no one in teh media will refer to this as a “super spreader” event.

Police power in Canada. Even the MSM is reporting this and it’s no big deal.

Hi, Sven --

To quote John Belushi in “Animal House” (re the Rebel News video):

“Holy shit!”

“Holy shit!”

“Holy shit!”

Last edited 7 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist

Happy Monday, Gerbil Nation!

Didn’t watch, the Super Bowl yesterday. Instead Mrs. Paddy and I went out and had some fun. It sounds like the half-time show is something I’m glad I missed.

Fatwa -- hang in there.

Sven -- holee fook! The excavators were parked on private land, outside the view of the highway, as the RCMP requested and they went in and intentionally damaged the equipment. I know understand why that RCMP sergeant resigned.

Hi, Paddy -- here’s a MSM account of the incident:

Mounties also disabled three excavators they believed were headed to the Coutts “in an effort to reinforce the blockade.”

Sarah Palin’s libel case against the NY Times is in the hands of the jury today. It being a NY jury, I don’t give her much hope, but you never know.
Update: well, should have worried less about the jury than the judge who threw the case out while the jury is deliberating AND who is going to let the jury continue to deliberate even though he’s tossed the case. Makes no sense, but so it goes.

Last edited 7 months ago by Sven-SemiFascist

Here’s hoping for at least a bit of rationality.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Still with the upside down sleep. At least this is my short worknight tonight.

Happy Valentine’s day, everyone.

So it looks like Trudeau up in Canada is doubling down and invoking some emergency power acts to break up the protests. I wonder that that will work out?

Good summary and videos of what Canada is doing. https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/02/14/trudeau-officially-enacts-autocratic-emergency-powers-gives-surreal-press-conference-n522319

I don’t know if the truckers capitulate or not. So far, they’ve done a masterful job with keeping things in line and staying on message, but the stakes just got a lot higher with continuing.

Last edited 7 months ago by Sven-SemiFascist
Reply to  Mac

Well said, Mac, well said.