dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Good morning. Still on TOR.

After 14 hours on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, lets hope it can go a bit faster on Thursday.

I didn’t get the best rest after yesterday’s shift, but at least I have another morning to sleep. Which is where I’m heading soon.

Last edited 6 months ago by dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Grumpy Cat is right!

Hi, dv8 (and Harper!!1!)!

It was right about at 14 hours when I finished.

That’s a long work day no matter what you’re doing; criminy! Hope you rest well.

=======================

Your cringe of the day. (Wonder how many amps those screwdrivers are rated for…)

screwdriver fuses.jpeg

Good morning, Dv8, and Fatwa -- hope you get some good rest after that long day, Dv8.

Flipped on teh news this morning and saw channel to channel coverage of a maternity ward bombing in Ukraine. Tragic, sad, awful…if true. I’m old enough to remember the fake story in 1990 about Iraqi soldiers ripping hundreds of babies out of incubators in Kuwait and the outrage that engendered. I’m 100% skeptical of anything I see or read anymore.

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, dv8 (and Harper!), Fatwa, and Sven!

dv8 -- crikey, that’s a long day! I hope you are able to get enough rest and that things go better today.

Wonder how many amps those screwdrivers are rated for…

A bit less than the wires on either side. I’m sure the plastic handles will provide a wonderful source of fuel when the metal gets hot enough.

Sven -- I have to agree.

Hi, Paddy -- it’s a sad way to live, but necessary in this day and age.

Funny, but cringey look at the trainwreck that is our affirmative action VP, view any of the videos from her press conference in Poland yesterday. The Peter Principle in action.

Short read, but this sums up my feelings.

I’m not evolving on Ukraine, I’m de-volving. The more information comes my way the more I know only two things with certainty: I’m deeply confused and I’m being manipulated.

I talked to a friend of mine whose wife is Russian -an American citizen now, but originally from the eastern part of Russia that still has family there. She was saying that Ukrainians in that part of the country are more loyal to Russia and are fleeing back into Russia to escape the war.

That doesn’t mean that Putin is right about any of this, but it’s an aspect of this confilct that i haven’t heard mentioned by any of the media.

Last edited 6 months ago by Sven-SemiFascist

That sounds about right.

Jussie Smollet gets off easy: 151 days in jail and 30 months probation.

As a non-violent first offender, they’ll probably release him after a minimum stay, due to overcrowding. I wouldn’t be surprised if he either a) serves one weekend, or ii) serves weekends only in some private lock-up (and is released after only a few weekends).