Happy quizzical Birb [sic] of Prey Friday, GN!

Mac --

Hope your SiL’s new knee heals quickly and well.

Sadly not surprised that POS Smollett got a slap on the wrist; glad the judge had some harsh words, at least. I agree with Paddy that much of his punishment will likely be quietly “reduced”.

========================

“Sorry, Harlan…I’ve got a long-term endorsement deal with Chick-fil-A.”

jesus and co. sanders.png
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I think you won the captioning contest.

HI, Fatwa -- happy Friday, GN!

Echoing Fatwa’s hope for a speedy recovery for you SiL, Mac, and that you don’t get into too much trouble on your own.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
Reply to  Mac

I have to paste the image link into a regular browser to see it.

(Totally worth it)

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!

Mac -- prayers for a swift recovery for your SiL. I hope the neighbors don’t complain when you have opera cranked up on your stereo.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
Reply to  Mac

Hope your wife and her sister have a nice time while sis is recovering.

Drive-by:

Hi, Sven, Paddy and Mac!

Hey, she cranks up ABBA when house cleaning.

Personally, I think I’d prefer listening to “Wozzeck” or “Lulu” over ABBA. 👿

I’ve never understood anything about ABBA except that “ABBA Live” is a palindrome.

Would you prefer ABBA or Christer Lindarw?

OK, now i have to google Christer Lindarw…well, now i wish I hadn’t. Thanks for that, Paddy.

You are most welcome, Sven!

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I did it too.

Damn……

I was sorely tempted at the end of a meeting today to go full Jussie Smollet and scream “I am not suicidal” but I resisted the impulse.

He would make a good Halloween costume. No blackface, but a noose around your neck, a Subway sandwich clutched in your hand, and you walk around mumbling about Maga.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Still on TOR….

Sadly, Friday’s route didn’t get started until fairly late. As, once again, the mail run took forever. This time the papers weren’t sloppy, but many of them had 4 or 5 duplicate inserts in them, so they either jam the machine, or (a bit better) I inspect the bundles and fix them before they go in the machine.

That slows down the whole process.

Strange thing about my time perception though:

It didn’t seem to take long. Maybe my thoughts were elsewhere, so it made the time seem to go fast.

I started the route pretty late--after 2am--I went up one side of the highway and down the other. so having passed by my house the second time, I found Harper waiting to go with me.

That always feels like I won the Lottery.

I had a quick bite to eat (some hot and savory ramen) and once again, skipped the three doglegs and did them last.

14 hours again.

That’s the way it goes this week, but now I’m done until Monday night. It’ll probably end up being a pretty big paycheck anyway; depending on what happens next week, it could be very big. We’ll see.