Happy Friday, GN.

Hi, Mac -- I’ve been watching The Mentalist on the Roku channel. We started using Roku for streaming 4-5 years ago and haven’t been disappointed. You can pick up a device for less than $40 and access thousands of free channels both on your computer and teevee. It’s a nice change from paying monthly fees.

Reply to  Mac

I found that if I streamed through Roku on my teevee, there’s commercials; streaming it on my PC -- no commercials.

Hope you enjoy the series. There’s many episodes and scenes that are quite good, but yeah, a lot of fluff and unbelievable plot twists as well.

Listening to Brandon last night, a quote he attributed to Scalia caught my attention. Transcript below --

At the same time, the Second Amendment, like all other rights, is not absolute. It was Jus- — it was Justice Scalia who wrote, and I quote, “Like most rights, the right…” — Second Amendment — the rights granted by the Second Amendment are “not unlimited.” Not unlimited. It never has been.

in his usual bumbling fashion, Brandon is “quoting” from the Heller opinion. The actual line from Scalia is this:

Like most rights, the right secured by the Second Amendment is not unlimited.

Brandon believes rights are granted by the government; Scalia correctly wrote that government secures our rights.

It’s an important distinction. Bigly important.

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, and Mac!

Our TV has Roku built in and I’ve loaded a few channels, but hardly ever watch them. We mostly use it for paid streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime. There are so many free channels out there that it’s overwhelming. What channels do either of you recommend?

Hi, Paddy. You’re right -- like the intertubes, there’s too much stuff on Roku. I’ve got maybe 120 channels added, but probably only use a few regularly: Prime, Netflix, Tubi, YouTube, Video Poker, Text Twister, and Mrs Sven’s favorite: sudoko.

Took a quick run to the market -- Chevron station on the corner selling premium for $7.13 per gallon. Hard to recall anymore, but I think that’s highest price I’ve seen this year.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Maybe I’ll explain all the work stuff on Saturday Morning.

STILL on TOR.