Indeed.

Happy mid-week, GN. Good thoughts and prayers for all.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

finally off TOR!!!

Just got back from the big route. I did the mail by hand, and it actually went faster than using the big machine. Although, it HAS been calibrated, so if I can work out some of the other bugs, it will be faster than doing it by hand.

…it will be faster than doing it by hand

Softball, but I’ll let it go.

Happy “Catural Appropriation Wednesday”, GN!

Hi, Sven and dv8!

Brenda’s doing pretty well at the moment; I am grateful for that.

Delivered updated pricing yesterday for a large potential project near Teh Mountain Redoubt. Since the previous bid was more than five years ago, I expect some “sticker shock”.

dv8 --

Hope the bugs on the mail machine can be sorted out so you can do your job faster (and, presumably, with less effort).

Today’s thread pic made me think of this:

=======================

gerbils during pride month.jpeg
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Lol that meme!

Glad Brenda is doing well. I’m so glad to hear it. I think of her, and in fact both of you, very often.

So thing thing about doing the mail by hand, is, it’s really very relaxing. I put TimcastIRL on my tablet and I can sit down while doing it. So at the end of the Inside part of the job, It doesn’t feel like I’ve been standing up for 12 hours, because I haven’t. The whole thing is much less difficult.

But I will mess around with the machine this monday, on the short shift, because I have more time. If I can get the takeup reel to work properly, it’ll probably be okay to use the machine again. As it is, it can get a bit tangled up with the used label backings not spooling properly.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

I remember where I was when I first heard katmandu, or should I call it Catmandu?

Oddly, I was living in Sedona all those years ago. I was listening to a radio at work. Where I was washing dishes. Strange, but at some point there, I was playing piano in a lounge. It was probably a few months before that.

I played in this place for about a year. It was a pretty good gig, $10 per hour (plus tips) at a time when minimum wage was $1.85.

I would kill for a bar with a decent piano player out here.

That’s a good song. Beautiful Loser followed by Live Bullet and then Night Moves -- that was a very good run for Seger.

Happy Culturally Misappropriated Cat Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, dv8 (and Harper!), and Fatwa!

dv8 -- glad the Big Route went well and that hand sorting wasn’t so bad.

Fatwa -- thanks for the BrendaK update. That’s good to hear! I hope you get that big job!

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Good night for now, everyone. Ima go curl up with my sweetie.

Rest well!

Huh. It looks like the guy that went to kill Kavanaugh lived a few miles from us.

Not a good look for your city. I wonder if he purchased his Glock legally and if he transported it legally to Maryland?

With CA’s strict gun laws, I’m sure it was all legal and aboveboard.

Anonymous
Anonymous

On the plus side, this guy maybe came to his senses or otherwise decided not to go through with it.

Reply to  Anonymous

I’m not sure why your comment came through as “Anonymous”, Sven.