Relatable Thread Pic Wednesday compliments, GN!

BK update: Snoring -- in dainty, ladylike fashion -- on the couch; I suspect more binge-watching until the wee hours.

Sorry I missed Harper last night; drat!

Fatwa wants to destroy somthin’ without any ‘splsions!

You’ve known for many years that I’m a very wrong person. 😉

In this instance, I’d like to avoid collateral damage to Teh Evil Ones’ neighbors; they’re not responsible for this clusterfark. (Apparently there are limits to my sociopathy.)

I don’t expect to hear anything about mediation before next Tuesday. Maaaan…you’d think if HH-A actually believed their own bullshit, they’d be champing at the bit to show just how bumbling, incompetent and vile JimCo is in a venue designed for that purpose.

As TeX would say, “wee-yurd”.

===================

fat - trans fat.jpeg
17 days ago

Happy Wednesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa!

Fatwa -- I hope Brenda has an OK day today. I wonder what’s going to happen when JimCo finally gets into arbitration? It might be an interesting spectacle.

17 days ago

Happy mid-week, Fatwa, and Paddy. You all were chatty yesterday -- good to see.

Hi, Paddy and Sven!

BK was up for a bit and doing “okay”; napping again, now.

Re HH-A: We can’t help feeling there’s something going on which, if we could figure out WTF it was, their actions for the the past 14+ months would make sense.

17 days ago

Listening to Bachman Turner Overdrive today -- not a bad band.

17 days ago

A reminder for me for tomorrow: .4% GDP

17 days ago

You think it’s going to be that high? Positive, not negative?

17 days ago

Teh bestest place ever had a corp-wide zoom meeting today. The president of the company, in an offhand remark, made the comment that this quarter’s gdp is +.4% so that we aren’t officially in a recession. Since that figure gets published tomorrow, I’m wondering where he came up with the figure and how close he’ll be.

17 days ago

Unless the Biden administration is fudging the numbers (and revises them down later), I think +0.4% is awfully optimistic.

16 days ago

The thing was he didn’t just say he thinks it will be around +.4%, but rather it was +.4%. I know he’s connected, but did he have some early information?

16 days ago

Could be. If it turns out to be positive, then it’s my opinion that they’re messing with the mix of what goes into the GDP calculations, just like they do with inflation.

17 days ago

Some time back, I mentioned our friend that was undergoing chemo for pancreatic cancer. It was her husband’s bday Monday and we met them and another couple for dinner and drinks -- it was a rather rough emotional night.

Her husband turned 76. He’s a Vietnam vet -- did five years in the Swift Boat Navy -- and became an engineer after he returned home. A good guy. Smart, capable, can design and build damn near anything, and now on the verge of falling apart -- wound way too tight. I worry about him as much as I do her. Her path is set -- she has to do this, do that, get this treatment, test that, and so forth. Being a man, because we need to fix things, and because he’s afraid, he’s taken over every aspect of her life in a manic fashion. He’s sprinting when this is a marathon.

I guess we just keep doing what we can and be there as needed.

17 days ago

You’re a good man and a good friend, Sven. As an engineer, I’m sure the drive to fix things is even stronger for your friend.

16 days ago

Bad news -- she ended up in the ICU a few hours ago. Seeing what I can do on this end.

16 days ago

Prayers for your friend, Sven.

16 days ago

If the Chinese shot down Pelosi’s plane and we end up in a shooting war with them, I think that might be a fair trade. If Schumer and a few others are on the plane, an even better deal.

16 days ago

If it were a plane full of Democrat leadership, I think we could settle for a sternly worded letter.