1 month ago

Huh. I wonder what that bison said that got the other one so riled up?

1 month ago

Happy Monday, GN! Open your eyes, slurp down some coffee, and prepare for this week’s onslaught of fresh hell!

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Hey Sven,

Yup. Still on TOR.

Another week begins. I guess.

1 month ago

Happy Bison Monday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, and dv8 (and Harper!)!

That’s the first time I’ve ever seen a bison get airborne.

This year California starts its “free food for all” school breakfast and lunch program. No longer will families face the indignity of having to check off a box on their children’s enrollment form saying they qualify for free or reduced priced lunches. Every kid, twice a day, is now entitled to a free meal, at taxpayer expense.

1 month ago

Hello, Paddy, and Dv8 -- hope your days are going well.

I got some good news from an old friend up in Washington. I wrote some months back about how he had a stroke a week after his brother had died. His step-father had been taking care of him the last 2-3 months after he got out of the hospital, but he had a stent procedure a couple of weeks ago and moved back to his own place last week. The only lasting effect of the stroke is blindness in one eye -- everything else is functioning normally.

1 month ago

As Mac said, that is good news. Thanks for letting us know.

1 month ago

Thank you gentlemen; it was some good news for a change that I wanted to share.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

Nice to hear this news, Sven; good news is few and far between, these days.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
Reply to  Mac

We enjoyed that series also, Mac : )

1 month ago
Reply to  Mac

You’re welcome and I’m glad you are enjoying it, Mac. It is silly for the most part, but you could take about 20 episodes from all seasons, string them together into one season, and it would be quite good. There’s one episode, I forget which season right now, where Jane is accidentally poisoned with a hallucinogenic and is visited by his murdered daughter. That’s one of my favorites.

One series that I absolutely loved from the late 80’s was Wiseguy with Ken Wahl and Johnathan Banks. It didn’t last too long due to injuries suffered by Wahl during filming, but some really good story arcs.