1 month ago

Good morning, GN -- back to the grind!

Still hot and muggy out here, but no fires in our immediate vicinity. Power still on -- I’m sure they’ll do a victory lap if they manage to get through this week without blackouts or other grid failures.

Last edited 1 month ago by Sven-SemiFascist

G’day, GN!

Hey, Sven!

Glad there’re no fires near you; hope it stays that way. And that the power stays on.

See that y’all might get a teensy bit of rain on Saturday.

BK update: Better yesterday and last night; nausea down significantly.

BBL.

1 month ago

Hi, Fatwa -- good on Brenda!

1 month ago

Happy Short Work Week Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, and Fatwa!

While a lot of the schools in my area have been open for a couple of weeks, today is the first day of school where I work. I’m sure there are quite a few grumpy kids today!

I see that Laguna Beach lost power to about 4200 homes early afternoon yesterday, just after CAISO issued a grid emergency. I hope the continued heat doesn’t result in more outages as the power plants run at full capacity.

Fatwa -- I’m glad BK is doing better.

1 month ago

Hi, Paddy -- good luck today!

I’m hoping that the power does go out and over significant portions of the state. If we get through this without any problems, govt can crow about how they have everything under control when we know that CA is hanging on by a thread.

Until significant amounts of pain are felt, nothing will change.

Good point.

1 month ago

Taking tomorrow off -- getting a tooth pulled and bone grafts on my jaw. Not looking forward to it. On the plus side, with inflation and all, my take from the Tooth Fairy ought to be considerable.

1 month ago

I read that AllahPundit over at Hot Air has moved on -- can’t say I’ll miss him.

1 month ago

He’s at either The Bulwark or The Dispatch -- both places that fit his politics better.

Reply to  Mac

Yeah, I know. Power still up -- we’ll see what happens.

Reply to  Mac

We don’t have illegal immigrants, only migrants that we welcome with open arms.

1 month ago

Mrs. Paddy, Teh Older, and I all got Emergency Alerts!!!!11!!elebenty!! regarding the grid issue. Mine was in Spanish, for whatever reason, and when I clicked on OK to stop the annoying racket, it went away, so I only caught part of what it said. The two that Teh Older and Mrs. Paddy got said different things, but basically “turn off your power to keep us from having to shut off your power”. I wonder if Gov. Hairgel raised his thermostat to 78?