14 days ago

You can learn a lot from coons.

Happy Autumn, GN!

14 days ago

Congratulations, Paddy -- 4 years on the job! It still makes me happy that you landed on your feet after all the BS you put up with at the other place.

Drive-by:

Happy Fall, GN; now where did my pride goeth?

Hi, Sven!

BK Update: Feeling pretty lousy; was just able to get a little food down. (Hope it stays down…)

HH-A Updtate: We’ll see if their forty-three shysters actually do what they’re supposed to do “by end of business” today. (Which was originally Tuesday, but they’re very, very sure the rules don’t apply to them, which apparently gave them the ability to unilaterally change the deadline which the feckless AAA gave them.)

14 days ago

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, and Fatwa!

Sven -- thank you very much! I’m making less money, but I’m in a much better place and having more of an impact, which is why I went into teaching in the first place.

Fatwa -- I hope BK feels better today. I also hope that the shysters actually do what they’re supposed to do.

14 days ago

My county registrar of voters sent out postcards the other day and I noticed that Teh Younger is still registered to vote in CA, even though he registered to vote in Florida over a year ago. I called the registrars office about this and they said Teh Younger has to download a form, fill it out, sign it, then mail it back to cancel his registration. I then called the Florida secretary of state’s office that handles voter registration. They confirmed that they don’t contact other states when a voter changes their state of registration. No wonder our voter rolls are so messed up. We make it very easy to register, but conceal how to cancel your registration. If states can share drivers license data, why can’t they share voter registration data? Answer: because they don’t want to.

14 days ago

Take his ballot and vote as his proxy. I’m sure his heart is still in California so that counts for something, right?

14 days ago

Just my luck I’d be one of the few prosecutions for voter fraud.

14 days ago

Just back from grocery shopping -- man, I’m glad we aren’t in a recession cuz I don’t know if I’d be able to afford food if we were.