Happy Halloween, GN; hai, Mac!

No coffee?!? That’s so very wrong. (If you were closer, I’d happily bring you some.)

Just got back from BK’s Scan-O-Rama; as far as we know, everything’s ready to go for surgery on Wednesday morning. (06:00 arrival time; really looking forward to that…)

I’m running on about 3 hrs. of sleep; it’s a lot harder than it was forty years ago.

rod serling - youtwitface.jpg
Reply to  Mac

Oopsie…forgot about your procedure today; hope it goes exceedingly well.

Cheers for your good wishes, too, Mac.

Happy Anxious Cat Monday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Mac, and Fatwa!

Mac -- I hope your procedure goes well today and that your recovery is speedy and with little discomfort.

Fatwa -- good to hear that BK’s photo session went well. I hope Wednesday’s procedure does as well.

Teh Older has to call AAA and have his vehicle towed to our local repair shop. When he was a couple of miles from home last night, his battery warning light went on, he lost power steering, and his car began to run hotter than normal. He had to pull over a couple of times to let it cool down. It turns out the serpentine belt slipped partially off one of the pulleys. He had that belt replaced a few months ago, so back to the shop it goes. We’re just glad it happened so close to home.

Hi, Paddy -- those belts make me nervous -- I always carry a spare in my truck. They aren’t cheap, either.

When we got his car on the flatbed tow truck, we could see a bolt that had dropped down and got caught by the plastic skirt. It looked like a new bolt with the threaded portion sheared off. My first guess is that the bolt goes to one of the adjustable pulleys. When it sheared off, all tension on the belt was lost. I’m glad I’m not replacing the belt -- there’s no room to get my hands in there from the top.

The shop just called. The belt tensioner failed and in so doing, took out the power steering pump.

Ugh. Not good news.

Not as bad as I’d feared. The steering pump is fine -- the bracket got bent. The largest part cost was the tensioner.

Good luck today, Mac.

Reply to  Mac

Good on you! Glad it went well.

Reply to  Mac

Do we need to worry about the world coffee supply?
Glad it went well!

Last edited 2 months ago by Paddy O'Furnijur, Fascista Ubriacone

Jack Tatum has claimed a new sleeping spot -- the top of Mrs Sven’s dresser. It has a mirror attached to the back of it and I came in to find him sitting on top of the dresser, staring at himself in the mirror, and purring loudly in approval as to what he saw. Weird.

Last edited 2 months ago by Sven-SemiFascist

LOL! Jack approves of himself!

Yes, and quite enthusiastically it appears.

Drive-by:

Hey, Paddy and Sven!

Mac --

Glad to read your work went well and that you’re guzzling coffee.

Paddy --

Thanks again for your thought of BK’s gut flora. She asked her doc about it last Friday, who concurred and made some supplement and dietary recommendations.

I hope she gets some quick relief.

The Paul Pelosi thing.:

Paul Pelosi, 82, remained in the intensive care unit surrounded by family members, a source with knowledge of the situation told NBC News early Monday. The FBI, San Francisco police, Capitol Police and the district attorney got his testimony on Sunday, according to a source with knowledge of the investigation. The source said he is awake and has all of his cognitive functioning and appeared to remember everything — he told them his version of events.

Considering how we’ve been told for half a year that Fetterman’s cognitive functioning was fine post-stroke, indeed, way above normal, excuse me if I have to wonder what that even means. Not to mention Brandon…

The Pelosi thing -- so the feds are filing charges and releasing more details like the guy was going to break Nancy’s kneecaps. I have a hard time working up my indignation over this. No, that’s a lie. No matter what I do, I can’t get past I don’t care. If he had succeeded, I don’t think I would have felt more than a momentary “that sucks for her” and moved on with my day. Not a good place to be morally, but so it goes.

I get it, especially when the Feds are lying.