1 month ago

A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!

Is that the legendary Squirr-tusi? Or is it a Watu-rrel?

1 month ago

Whatever it is, it probably lives in Texas.

1 month ago

Good morning, Paddy -- happy Sunday, GN.

Cold and wet here today -- bit more rain forecast for this afternoon.

1 month ago

Mrs Sven has become a big fan of Dry Bar Comedy that’s available on YouTube and elsewhere. We watched this guy, Jeff Lesson, the other night and he’s one of the funniest guys I’ve seen. Check it out if you need a laugh.

1 month ago

That was great! He really knows how to work a crowd.
Thanks, Sven!

Drive-by:

Sunday greetin’s, GN!

Hi, Sven and Paddy!

Paddy --

Hope you had a good choir rehearsal yesterday.

BK update: Another pretty good day; we’ll take it.

HH-A update: Really want to turn a Bobcat into a mini-killdozer; the spirit of Marvin Heemeyer lives!

1 month ago

Hi Fatwa!

Thanks for checking in. Glad BK is doing better. Sorry about continued struggles with HH-A.

Yesterday’s rehearsal went pretty well. Three hours of singing is tiring, but at the same time rejuvenating. I’m not worried about our concert at this point.

1 month ago

We’ve met with a new financial planner twice now and I’m wading through the report they did for us. We need to get a handle on our $ as the number of work years left to us is not that many, but man, the jargon and details is giving me a headache. This is not my forte.

1 month ago

That’s something we should do, as well. Mrs. Paddy would like to retire in a few years, but I’m not sure she’s really thought about how removing her income would affect our finances, especially as we watch the value of our retirement funds crater.

1 month ago

The Raiders played their best game of the season today, beating the LA Chargers. Not a perfect game, but a very good one. Raider Nation is all up now about winning out the remainder of the season and making the playoffs. Me, I think they might finish 8-9 and then the offseason will be all about they’ve turned a corner and THIS season will be theirs. I’ve only heard that maybe 20 times over the last 20 years. Color me skeptical, not silver and black.At least for now.

2022-12-04_21-00-04.png
1 month ago

I hear you, Sven. Until they deal with the structural problems, it’s only going to be more of the same, with the occasional games that get your hope up.