1 month ago

It’s good to have more than just your brian going for you.

1 month ago

Yuck. I got the flu or something.

Reply to  Mac

That’s a smart idea, getting some heat up into the attic, Mac. Stay safe and as warm as you can.

1 month ago

Back in the day, we’d put an incandescent bulb up there and turn it on in the winter at night.

My dad was a handyman during the last few years of his life--earned pretty good money doing that too--anyway, he noted that people were putting low energy bulbs in the attic, and because of that, people were having problems with their pipes freezing on occasion. You need a normal bulb up there, he said. It will keep it just warm enough.

Reply to  Mac

yup. Funny that it is colder there where you are than here.

Reply to  Mac

How much snow, if any, do you get where you are?

Reply to  Mac

I’m still on TOR also. Hi to Fatwa. We had some snow early on when it was too warm to stick, we had some really cold nights, in the 20s, but lately it’s been warmer. I guess we won’t get any snow at Christmas.

1 month ago

Hot water. On demand. What a blessing.

1 month ago

indeed. Hopefully it won’t just be a distant memory, as we become a banana republic.

1 month ago

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, and Mac!

Sven -- take care of yourself and get well soon! Save the illness for work days, not days off.

Mac -- that sounds like some good planning on your part. I hope you’re able to pick up more propane. Watch out for black ice when you’re out and about. Hopefully there’s no precipitation in the forecast.

1 month ago

Harper did some cleaning out on the dishwasher, We were hoping that might keep it from leaking, but nope. Still is leaking. Might be from underneath where the new pump was put in. It might be loose. I guess I’ll wait for the repairman. I just don’t want to try taking it apart. Although I’m sure I could. I am actually pretty mechanically inclined. I’m just so, so tired.

Reply to  dv8

Hi dv8 (and Harper!)!

I’m sorry your dishwasher is still leaking. I hate being too tired to complete tasks, and I hate taking something apart and not having time to put it back together and clean everything up.

yup

1 month ago

I put up some wireless thermometers up in our attic to keep track of high temps during the summer -- wanted to see if this attic fan was doing anything. Might be a good idea in colder regions.

Yuck. Sneezing. Achy.

1 month ago

She has at least two Brians, so that’s good.