dv8
dv8
24 days ago

Got through the Big Route. Dressed very warm feel okay afterward. It was kinda wet out, but it didn’t rain the whole night, so that’s good.

24 days ago
Reply to  dv8

Good on you -- don’t overdo it and get some rest.

24 days ago

Wishing you a reflective Wednesday, Gerbil Nation.
Good morning, dv8 (and Harper!), and Sven.

dv8 -- glad you made it through the Big Route. As Sven said, don’t push it. You don’t want a relapse.

24 days ago

Much panic in the local reporting due to today’s pending storm. I’ve gone around the property and have everything as prepared as it can be. Stay safe, Paddy.

24 days ago

We’re expecting about 3/4″ today and about 1/2″ tomorrow, so things should be fine here, although with the winds we could see some downed trees and branches in the general area. I’m not too worried about where we are. Glad you’ve prepped your property as much as possible. I hope you and Mrs. Sven don’t have to do much driving over the next couple of days.

24 days ago

Well here’s a bit of WTF. I pull out the can opener to open a can of chicken broth, and I can’t figure out how to use the can opener. It’s the same can opener that I’ve used at least the last 10 years -- I had to have Mrs Sven show me.

I’m guessing that’s not a good sign of something.

24 days ago

I’ve had that happen with a compact can opener.

24 days ago

And you’re OK, right? Sheesh. At least it’s just a can opener. My father called me up one night to ask who was the old woman in his house that kept saying she was his wife.

24 days ago

Yeah, I’m fine. Sometimes figuring out the correct orientation of something just fails (“It’s upside down and backwards, ya idjit!”).

24 days ago

A good steady rain today. So far, about 1.25 inches. The major part of this storm is supposed to hit tonight and continue through tomorrow morning. Lot of water, but CA being CA, not much of it is being stored. Snow pack is high north and east of SoCal.

24 days ago

If only the citizens of California had had the foresight to pass one, two, or even three bond measures to fund the capture of rainwater.