16 days ago

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!

It’s never a good day to piss off the cat gods. Or cats, period.

16 days ago

Good morning, Paddy. Yeah, cats are always something to be careful around, whether domestic, wild, or godly.

16 days ago

Not many guitar heroes left from the 70’s.

dv8
dv8
16 days ago

My friend had this album. A classic !!

16 days ago
Reply to  dv8

Indeed. I recall it from high school days.

dv8
dv8
16 days ago

They’re offering better performance at significantly reduced power and heat levels, but it sounds like it’s best to hold off until the prices come down a bit.

It’s amazing what they are doing now. They are using genuine non-digital Neural Net chips to speed things up beyond what was thought to be possible a few years ago. If you read about their 4000 series, it’s amazing how they work and what they can do now.

Given my current motherboard, I can of course perform 4 upgrades:

1. Max out the memory, of course, (I think I can quadruple what I have now)
  2. Max out the CPU (i9, I think is as far as I can go)
  3. I could switch to an M3 storage array, instead of the SSD ones I have. (much faster)
  4. I could go up a couple of generations on the video. (I currently have a pair of (mismatched) gtx 970s (they won’t operate in SLI mode) So I could get a couple of 1080s, or 2000 or 3000 series pretty cheap, but you don’t get the neural net thingy until the 4000 series, which is the current one.
16 days ago

I’m thinking about digging through the TSW archives tonight to see if I can find some Brandon classified documents. They do seem to be everywhere.

16 days ago

Don’t check the locked cabinet behind the “water” bottle on the right. That’s where I keep the good stuff.

ThePlagueFairy
ThePlagueFairy
16 days ago

Is that the “watercloset”? Fine old traditional place for servers in some circles.

16 days ago
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

I’m not sure how to respond to that.
Oh, and hai! Harper!