13 days ago

I’d love to get hold of one of those -- Mrs Sven hates spiders.

Good morning, GN. Supposed to be clear skies today followed by another storm tomorrow through Monday. Did some work in preparation around the place yesterday -- a bit more to do today.

13 days ago
Reply to  Mac

Nor is Mrs Sven. One time she was held hostage in my home office for two hours by a tarantula that parked itself in the doorway.

13 days ago

We drove around the other day checking things out. Sharing a picture that i like.

13 days ago

Here it is

2023-01-13_06-45-32.png
13 days ago
Reply to  Mac

Good morning, Mac. It is a beautiful area nestled between LA and the city a mile away and we’ve been blessed to be able to live here. That picture is across the street and 50 yards east. The vehicle has been there for years -- not sure who it belongs to, but it’s across the street from the Hells Angels house so it might be one of theirs. I wouldn’t want to open the trunk.

13 days ago

Here’s a longer view of the area looking east. That’s the 118 freeway at the top along the mountainside.

2023-01-13_08-34-28.png
13 days ago

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, and Mac!

Sven -- beautiful scene. I’m not sure that I’d feel comfortable driving that vehicle into that area after all the rains we’ve had.

I just got my bill from the gas company. It went from $72 to $153.

Last edited 13 days ago by Paddy O'Furnijur, Fascista Ubriacone
dv8
dv8
13 days ago

that water getting a little hot there, froggy?

dv8
dv8
13 days ago

I remember not realizing that same thing about myself until we decided to move here. Then it was like: “Wow, it’s all so cheap and the police do their job, and we are so safe, and, and….

12 days ago

OK, I’m done with storm prep. Whatever happens now, happens.

12 days ago

Let’s hope everything stays where it should and goes where it should go.

12 days ago

Good news/bad news. A guy is moving in across the street -- U-Haul truck and a steep driveway and the truck rolled out of the driveway and took out about 25 feet of our chainlink fence and a huge agave. Luckily for him, the truck didn’t go through or it would have rolled down the hill 50 or so feet to the bottom of our property. Seems like a nice enough guy and willing to take care of it. Bad timing tho with the storm. A job for next week or maybe Sunday. Not something I want to deal with, but so it goes. No one got hurt.

12 days ago

Wow! Glad no one got hurt and that the damage wasn’t more than that.

12 days ago

Yeah, it could have been a lot worse. We’ll see how willing the guy is when it comes down to $, but I’m surprisingly not that upset about it.

12 days ago

This song popped into my head just now -- probably haven’t heard it in 15 years or more.

12 days ago

When I first heard this song, I thought damn…that’s a good song.

This is about George Pelawa, a 18 yr old MN hockey player and the 1986 first round draft choice of Calgary. He received a scholarship to play at North Dakota, which is the college the song refers to. A semi-truck veered over into the wrong lane of a two-lane highway, and a head-on collision occurred. No alcohol was involved, and a sleepy trucker was involved. Tom Cochrane met George’s father shortly after his son’s death, and the story stuck in his mind, and the song was written around 1988.