Sure Happy It’s Thursday here in Happy Fimbulwintery Larryville, GN! ๐Ÿ˜‰

While it’s only 18F right now, we’re expecting a sunny high of 41 which will -- hopefully -- clear the roads of ice so that folks can, in-turn, clear the roads of their abandoned cars.

It’s fascinating that many local “leaders” are trying to deflect blame by using the excuse that the National Weather Service predicted the center of of the storm would be 50 miles south of where it actually was. (Despite the fact that several local forecasters got it exactly right.)

If there were a Republican administration, they’d likely be screaming about FEMA and that the president hates black people.

Sure Happy It’s Thursday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, FrozenWa!

Today is the last day of finals, and hopefully the last day of students whining about their grades and “can’t you just round up? I’m soooo close?” Couldn’t you have just done a few more homework assignments? Couldn’t you have turned in that lab report? Couldn’t you have come in for help when you were struggling? Couldn’t you have spent three days studying for that test instead of 20 minutes?

I hope Jerry’s crop dusting in Chicago is going well.

Paddy --

Do you ever feel like verbally unloading on whiny students who try to negotiate their grade (not that you actually would) when they haven’t kept up with their work?

(I thought about getting a minor in music ed before deciding that if I got a gig in some middle school, there’d have been a good likelihood of some kid ending-up up with a clarinet in a place which would, how you say, prevent him from crop dusting.)

I only ever once talked to a teacher re upping my grade; she conceded that my B+ actually should have been an A-. Except for that single instance, it never occurred to me to do so.

Yes, I do, but I settle for a calm discussion of what they didn’t do that they could have.

Jerry Atrick

GOOD AFTERNOON/EVENING EVERYONE!

Greetings from wait for it………….wait for it……………
Schaumburg, IL

Sure do hope y’all are having a flight cancelling, hotel changing, bitter coldening and nuisance snowing day, ’cause you just know I am.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Hai, Jerry!

If you’re having dinner with Sinner, please give him our regards. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Sounds like you’ve had a craptastic day; hope you can relax a little this evening and that tomorrow’s much better.

I’d recommend a dinner with broccoli, onions and cabbage with a couple of stiff drinks, followed by riding the hotel elevators and crop dusting your fellow guests. (ProTip: if you stand at the rear of the car, you can maximize the eddies and/or vortices to help “share teh love” as you exit. Heh…I said “rear”.)

Jerry Atrick

Howdy Fatwa,

Just got back from a maaaaarvelous dinner (supper for you southerners) with Sinner, Lady Sinner and the Sinnerette. We dined and laughed and had a swell time of it. We had martinis made from the tears of Decision Scientists. The venue was very swank, don’t you know.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Addendum(b):

BrendaK wanted me to add that your flight problems were probably caused by Hartsfield being basically shut down because 2″ of snow!!1!1. (Criminy…even the corrupt, lazy yoonyun goons in Cook County can handle that.)

She claims this is one of the ways the South gets to mess with Yankees for that “recent unpleasantness”. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Shutdown by 2″? Boy does that ever remind me of high school!

What?

Rimshot.

(It’s actually a “bomb drop”, but at this point, what difference does it make?)

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Hey, Jerry!
Did you get kicked out of your hotel for streaking in the elevator again?

Jerry Atrick

Hi Paddy,

Not exactly streaking in the manner you’re thinking, but there were some unfortunate streaks involved and much clamoring for the doors to open.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Jerry Atrick

That’s how I race Sarah around the house. She thinks it’s gross.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

With those new sliding glass doors, I’m not sure the neighbors think highly of it, either.

Jerry Atrick

I like to think of them as sliding ass doors. A window on Jerry’s world!

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Thatโ€™s how I race Sarah around the house.

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Well scraped played, sir.

Jerry Atrick

Awww, I gotta go.

See y’all laterz, ifn’ yer lucky.