Happy Quantum Kitteh Superposition Monday, Wheelizens!

I don’t believe I’m panicking, but these measures are striking me all wrong.

Me, too. OH and IL are closing all their bars and restaurants, as well…except for takeout and delivery, I believe.

Not sure how much of it is “we must be seen to be doing something!” vs. a test to see just how much gummint goonery we’ll tolerate during a largely manufactured “crisis”.

I’m also just a tich peeved that decades of lying by the media and politicians make it very difficult to judge just how severe the “Chinese Lung AIDS” (h/t CBD at AoSHQ) situation really is.

(Seems to me I once heard a parable about a young man and a lupine creature which has a bearing on this…)

======================

toilet paper enemies.jpg
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

It does make one wonder.

Good morning, Fatwa -- happy Monday, GN!

Powering up the work laptop to begin Day 1 of REMOTE WORK for teh bestest place ever!

I see the stock market is tanking again --

Time to send some innocuous emails so management knows I’m up and working.

CYA is generally “Job 1”. 😉

Odd. The Help Desk has so far not been inundated with tickets -- guessing it’s all phone traffic for them and they have dispensation from creating tickets. Good for them, but we lose important information as to what the problems are.

Reply to  Mac

Hi, Mac -- we ought to be getting used to the when-the-left-does-it-it’s-OK rule by now, but it still strikes me as odd.

Wondering if we are going to see Y2K results with this pandemic -- countries that spent billions preparing for Y2K had similar success rates to those countries that did nothing.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
Reply to  Mac

personally, I think the crisis, such as it is, will only help Pres. Trump. People don’t like to change administrations in the middle of a crisis.

OK, three emails sent to various groups -- that should cover me for now.

Jerry Atrick

Greetings from delightful Bountiful. Spring has done sprang!

Howdy Fatwa, Sven and Mac, in order of gender identity.

Jerry Atrick

I just returned from my second trip to Fort Lauderdale for a client. Luckily I made it back before the CHINESE coronavirus apocalypse.

Good morning, Jerry, and glad you got back home before they restricted you or locked you up for observation.

Jerry Atrick

Thanks, Sven. I’ve been under restrictions and observation since I was a child -- starting with my parents and every other authority.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

And now all that conditioning comes in handy!

Jerry Atrick

Hi, Plaguie, dv8, and Paddy in absentia sorted by gender identity.

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Hi Back Jerry

My new cube-mate seems nice, but dresses quite casually.

Jerry Atrick

Jack Tatum or your wife?

“Either these officials are intentionally trying to create civil unrest, or they are just inexperienced politicians without the ability to think through the logical conclusions to their mandated orders. I’m not sure which it is. However, regardless of intent or stupidity, these types of knee-jerk decisions will harm more people than the virus itself.”

Embrace the power of “and”.

Happy Pandemic Monday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Fatwa, Sven, Mac, and Jerry!!!!!111!!!one!!

Jerry -- I hope your business trips have been fruitful and I’m happy to hear that spring has made it to Bountiful. I hope you’re able to enjoy some spring days on your patio.

Hi, Sven, Mac, Jerry and Paddy!

CorporateToolK will be working from home all week, as will her corporate cow-workers.

Just got back from Walmart, which had normal-seeming weekday morning customer levels…but wide swaths of the store were stripped bare -- or nearly so. Cold cuts, T.P., flour, cooking oil, rice, beans, bread, pasta, pasta sauce, etc.

It doesn’t help that during my trip to CA, they started rearranging stuff like groceries and cleaning supplies; bah!

You know what surprised me during my last market trip? They were still some Matzoh crackers left, but no gefilte fish.

Just read the Conservative Treehouse link; thanks for posting that, Sven.

Day One of my remote employee experience is drawing to an end. Can’t say I’m excited about it, but as long as that paycheck keeps coming…

Took a ride out at lunch -- about half of the bars/restaurants in Simi Valley seem to be complying with the order/suggestion/mandate to shut down.

FFS. San Francisco is putting out a “shelter in place” order beginning at midnight and lasting for the next three weeks? Well that should do a lot to quell panic buying throughout the rest of California.

Teh Older needs to collect more data on the restoration project he’s doing at one of the state parks, but UC Irvine has decided that all non-essential research must be put on hold. He now has to convince the head of some department that his traveling alone to a state park, to an area off-limits to the public, will not put the university at risk of coronavirus contamination. Insanity is the order of the day.

WE’RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!!

I hear the mortality rate for life is 100%.

How soon before you read this headline at the NY Times? TRUMP PLANS TO USE CORONAVIRUS AS JUSTIFICATION FOR CANCELING PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION AND REMAIN IN POWER.

Thursday?

dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious
dv8 -Ultra Maga Fascalistic Expy Alidocious

My morning Grocery expedition reveled basically normal stuff, except for toilet paper, and some canned stuff. Most everything else was pretty normal. I think there were a few people ready to go into the store when it opened. The two regular grocery stores here, seem to be opening at 6am rather than 5am like they used to. They seem to have stepped up their shipments.

I wouldn’t call it a panic, yet, but people are definitely buying more stuff. Luckily I did most of that buying pretty early this year. around the time when I first heard about the virus. So there you have it.