Happy Meme Mash-up Whatever-Day-This-Is, Wheelizens!

Saw that Goobernor Gavin issued a special GFY order regarding Orange County beaches after the filthy kulaks of The OC openly defied his authoritah.

Meanwhile, in Lansing, MI, armed protesters demonstrated at the Capitol yesterday:

I am openly calling for the public pantsing of Gov. Newsom. Or worse.

Forgot to include this in my previous:

quaratine dog uss enterprise.jpg

Sheesh. What happened to April?

Good morning, Fatwa. Happy __day, GN!

Well our mortgage refinance is moving through without unnecessary calls to our places of employment. If our employment situation was more solid, especially mine, then I’d roll the dice and see where rates are in a couple of months, but given that uncertainty, we’ll follow the bird in the hand advice.

On the plus side, it puts us in a position where we can get by on one income and keep a roof over our heads.

Teh yay for that!

X_LA_Native
Admin

Seconded.

Reply to  X_LA_Native

Thanks. We’re paying down the principal further before the refi and that gets us to a manageable monthly payment. It burns some money in the bank, which means no new truck this year for Sven, but so it goes.

In a county of over 900,000 people and still we remain shut down. It’s absurd.

18 new cases
535 total cases
377 recovered cases
27 currently in the hospital (5 patients are long term care facility patients that do not need hospital care but are being cared for in the hospital setting to protect other long term care facility residents)
9 in the ICU
18 deaths (37-99; 9 males and 9 females)
9,962 people tested

For comparison, the latest numbers I can find for flu deaths in our county is about 90 annually, or 7.5 per month. So the numbers dying from the Chinese flu is a bit higher per month, but not extremely so. And apparently about 500 people die in Ventura County every month.

It is asinine.

I wonder:

1) If there will be the usual May Day demonstration of foreign flag-waving in downtown L.A.

2) If 1), will the demonstrators be hassled for improper “social distancing”, failure to wear masks, failure to heed Chancellor Newsom’s diktats, etc.

1 -- I predict less than usual, but still some (although the demonstrations won’t be reported).
2 -- No.

Mornin’, Paddy!

That sounds about right to me; guess we’ll see later.

Happy Communist Workers Paradise Friday, Gerbil Nation!

Did you forget that today is May Day? I bet Gavin Newsom didn’t!

Sven -- glad your refi is going through and that you don’t have to re-start the whole process. Kudos on getting it to a point where you can handle it on one income!

Thanks, Paddy. Planning ahead in these uncertain times.

Reply to  Mac

Hi, Mac!
In answer to both of your questions, “Yes”.

Reply to  Mac

Hi, Mac!

I concur with Paddy’s responses to your queries.

May Day in LA. “And at 6 p.m. the group will ask viewers in L.A. to lean out of their windows or step outside to applaud all workers for 2 minutes and 20 seconds, marking the 20th anniversary of some of the landmark L.A.-area marches, organizers said.”

X_LA_Native
Admin

Good Morning/Afternoon EveryGerbillyBody!

I’m glad common sense broke out at your mortgage company, Sven. That’s a goodness.

Bah! Figures …. Lunch! BBIAB.

Reply to  X_LA_Native

Good afternoon, TeX! How are things on the great prairie?

Drive-by:

Hi, TeX!!1! Enjoy yer lunch.

=================

This just in; heh:

crop circle mocrosoft virus.jpg

Speaking of lunch, here’s a bacon cooking question. I tend to flip the bacon twice after putting it in the pan. Mrs Sven does it only once. I’m right’ she’s wrong -- agreed?

I flip bacon multiple times if cooking in a skillet and once if cooking in the oven.

Jerry Atrick

Greetings from deeeelightful Bountiful! I sure do hope y’all are having a super day ’cause you just know I am.

dv8
dv8
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

ditto! Any news on the virtual gerbilTV thing?

Jerry Atrick

So, we all know Ol’ Jerry’s luck at do-it-yourself projects. Such as this:

WP_20160427_16_18_34_Pro.jpg
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Yep, I remember that one!

dv8
dv8
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Ouch!

Jerry Atrick

And this:

WP_20170206_16_33_24_Pro 1.jpg
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Another good one!
Have you been working on your cars again?

X_LA_Native
Admin
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

If it’s any consolation, depending on the dog and the circumstances, I’ve more than once had BOTH forearms look like they’ve gone through a woodchipper.
I think one was a rather violent storm.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

That’s maybe taking Good Friday too far, Jerry.

dv8
dv8
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

OUCH!!!!!!!!!

What trouble have you gotten yourself into this time?

Hi, Jerry!!1!

Oh dear…have you drawn your own blood again?

======================

From Huntington Beach, CA:

Good for them and good for the city for taking the Gov. to court.

SoCal media reporting 1000s of protesters in Huntington Beach today…good!

I’d also like to see hundreds -- or more -- people turn up at the Governor’s Mansion in Sac’to to pee in Newsom’s pool.

“If we don’t get to go to the beach, you don’t get to enjoy the pool we pay for!”

#KingGelHead

It’s ironic that going to the beach is dangerous and unlawful, yet shitting on the sidewalk is safe and protected behavior.

X_LA_Native
Admin

That’s a bit upside down and backward.

Man, did an hour “virtual interview” with a company -- it’s likely I’ve applied for a position there and I didn’t write it down … and a couple bits caused some raised eyebrows, but it *looks* like they’re legit.

They better be. The only reason I answered the text is because of its Georgia prefix (I have people there, you know).

Since the great 25% Texas reopening starts today maybe the places in or *near* town can call me. I swear I clicked “Send” the. fvcking. day. they all froze.

But I’ma try and worry about that later. Meanwhile there’s a lineup of furry noses waiting for me in the couch area.

*mwah!*
See y’all in the am.

I enjoyed the original Magnum PI with Tom Selleck from back in the early 90’s -- the reboot out now, not so much. The description for tonight’s episode is just wrong. “A World of Trouble” -- As their wedding day approaches, Magnum and Higgins help a modern-day Robin Hood who, thinking she was helping a school obtain needed supplies, unknowingly stole illicit drugs.”