Happy Drunken COVID Corvid Friday, GN!

dv8 --

Hope Teh Big Route went smoothly and swiftly.

======================

Wow…that attempted insurrection in D.C. yesterday was scary as hell, wasn’t it?

I gotcher “chatter” riiiiiight here.

Those poor Guardsmen will probably be stuck at the Capitol eating raw, razor wire chicken until at least early July, as there’s a “significant date” which occurs then.

Or maybe until Veterans Day.

Thanksgiving?

Perhaps Christmas, since that’s when General Washington attacked the Brits.

Last edited 7 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist

They ought to attack on May Day and then blame it on the commies.

I like it!
[not that I support insurrection of any sort -- except the approved sort, of course.]

Good morning, Fatwa -- happy Friday, GN!

Dv8: I was thinking that Teh Big Route would be an excellent vehicle for a novel/journal. Conversations along the way between you and Harper, along with observations on life, etc. It’s a half-formed thought, but thought I’d toss it out there.

So debate will begin today on the so-called relief bill by the so-called world’s greatest deliberative body. Has any of the Senate’s rather boring and bullshit debates consisting of two sides talking past each other ever changed a single vote on any bill ever? I doubt it.

Paddy O'Furnijur, Village Souse

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- well played, sir!

dv8 -- I like Sven’s idea. I loved that video you shared with you and Harper and Conversations on The Big Route could be a thing.

Sven -- with approximately $1.3 trillion of the last relief bill still unspent, tell my again why we need a new one?

For no f*****g reason.

I’ve regained my mistrust 100% of the federal govt. I also don’t have much faith in the American people in general right now; what I still believe in is America and those that hold to its original ideas and promise.

G’day, Sven and Paddy!

I second Sven’s idea for “Travels With Plaguey”. 🙂

===============

Shamelessly pilfered from AoSHQ:

swab - thingamabob.png

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Har!

Reply to  Just Mac

I think Fatwa addressed that question in his earlier post.

ThePlagueFairy

Happy Friday, Gerbil Nation! Fatwa and BrendaK, Sven, Paddy’O, and teh lurking of late Gentle Mac, it’s been a sleepy week for me. Thank you all for being so supportive of dv8 as he struggles with his aversion to going out, etc. We are blessed by your friendship.

About dv8 and tailoring…I wish I could post a picture of our daughter in her wedding gown that he tailored. He did a lovely job with it. When we were young he designed and made the most wonderful gowns for me. I would have gone a beggin’ if I hadn’t had him to tailor my clothing because I couldn’t wear anything off the rack.

He also made my harp. One of my favorite things to do is to tell of all the amazing things he can do. Always has been! (If you want to read some of his sonnets just let me know ;7)

Jerry, I sure hope you can find the perfect place for your next home! Hope you’re doing great…you know I am!!

For no f*****g reason.

What he said.

Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Hi Miss Harper -- wonderful to see you! Agree with Paddy re: Dv8.

Hi Harper!
dv8 is certainly a talented man. I can respect anyone who can create functional things or repair same.

Any chance you can post a photo of your harp?

ThePlagueFairy

I’m sure I can do that, Paddy’O Dear.

Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Thank you, m’lady.

I was feeling slow after lunch on a Friday until I played this -- now back up with enough energy to last the last couple of hours.

ThePlagueFairy

Most toe-tappin’, Sven. Hope you’re making through the eternal afternoon.

Jerry Atrick

Good afterevening everyone, greetings from beautiful Boston. I sure hope you are having a wonderful day, ’cause you just know I am. I feel like Daniel Boone scouting the wilderness. Nothing found yet but tomorrow is another day!

Last edited 7 months ago by Jerry Atrick
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

I love shopping real-estate! You’re bound to find something wonderful, Sir. What fun!

Jerry Atrick
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Oh, hi Plaguie honey. How are you enjoying Arizona?

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

It’s very nice to be back, Jerry. Oregon was beautiful but dystopian. Arizona has changed a lot since we were kids but people still carry their guns on them and the general feeling is just safer here. I’m also just at the edge of being in the real “North” which means everyone is conservative except the kids at NAU.

ThePlagueFairy

Let’s see if I can get this to work. Both harps need work. My harp is in the front and David’s, the prototype, is in the back. My soundboard is splitting and I think David plans on putting his soundboard on my harp. His soundboard has a beautiful voice! I hope he’ll take some time to tell you about them.

He made them when we were older teenagers and we’ve both made our living with them over the years.

20210305_171351.jpg
Last edited 7 months ago by ThePlagueFairy
Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Wow! Beautiful!

Hi Jerry!

Reply to  ThePlagueFairy

Wow! Very impressive! The work it would take to make an instrument with a sound worth listening to is something I’m envious of.

dv8
dv8

Hey Gerbils. The route went fine. When I got to work, I found I’d forgot to punch out on wednesday… ADD symptoms; gotta love ’em. Anyway, our time cards are weird so you have to be careful with the math when you add up your hours manually, which I had to do this morning.

Other than that, it went okay. I was kinda tired but I got my second wind after lunch (at about 2am) After that I just zipped right through.

The other commercial driver is quitting in a week, but I can’t do my job and his too, even temporarily, so I’m hoping they’ll fill the position as soon as possible.

I forgot what I actually came in here to do, but I ended up talking to you guys. I’ll have to try retracing my steps.

<poof>

dv8
dv8
Reply to  dv8

Right! It was postage rates.