Today’s thread pic reminds me of the compulsive overeating in my much younger days…when I’d have probably gone for the dessert.

BK’s “pretty okay” this morning; hope that continues for the rest of the day. (And know that yesterday’s well-wishes were both relayed and appreciated.)

Been thinking our legal tale needs a name, such as “Hell’s Half-Acre and the Six Shysters”. And they need their own appellations like Jackleg, Mouthpiece, Philly, Latrine, Prick and Dopey. 👿

==================

grammar lesson.jpeg

Good morning, Fatwa -- “pretty OK” is good. Thanks for letting us know.

Thread pic: Life is full of tough decisions.

There is a book in there, Fatwa, followed by a movie much like Falling Down, perhaps?

Hey, Sven!

I think a very dark, violent black comedy would be more my style; sort of a Mel Brooks / Sam Peckinpah / Richard Pryor / Quenitn Tarantino mashup.

Glad our attorney pointed out that there are currently six lawyers copied on emails re what was a $13K matter. Which will probably be over $15K with interest by the time we get to actual arbitration. (And we will, because we’ve already told them there’s nothing to mediate.)

Will be asking lawbaw about requesting “exemplary damages” due to their attempt to blame a leak which predated JimCo’s work on the property on us. (And we have photo documentation to support this assertion…as does HH-A.)

He’s recently written that

…the HOA must be held accountable for their continuing abusive and disrespectful treatment of my client, not to mention their blatantly wrongful refusal to pay a $13,000 invoice.

I think the other side is seriously pissing-off the case manager, which certainly doesn’t hurt JimCo’s case. (In theory, it ought not cause the arbitration company to be prejudiced. In theory…)

Last edited 3 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist

Do you know if the attornies on the other side are being paid under some type of insurance policy or will their pay come out of the HOA’s funds?

Don’t have a clue if their insurance company’s involved; nor does our attorney.

Happy Stuffed Puppeh Tuesday, Gerbil Nation!

Fatwa -- thanks for the daily updates on BrendaK. I hope the arbitration company is getting tired of this nonsense and puts an end to it.

I wonder if the same asshole who was abusive to the surety bond adjuster has used his “charm” on the case manager. (Have no idea if he’s even still on the Board.)

He apologized in writing on one occasion for calling the surety adjuster a motherfucker and hanging up on him. And his very next sentence was, “But that’s water under the bridge.”

Like he gets to be the arbiter of when someone ought to get over being offended.

This is the kind of people we’ve been dealing with for nearly fourteen months. (And why I wish to wreak terrible mayhem on them.)

Last edited 3 months ago by Fatwa Arbuckle: Misanthropologist

Wow! Just. wow.

They’re PsOS, alright.

This afternoon, they requested a mediation date in late August or early September. Our attorney informed them that a further 2-3 month delay is completely unacceptable.

The arbitration company has escalated our case to a Senior Case Administrator; we’ll see what happens next.

Jerry Atrick

Oh, good golly! I do check in occasionally to make sure the Squeak is up and running but I have not read many posts.

Fatwa/Brenda, I am so sorry to read about her travails regarding the big C. Please send my belated prayers to Brenda. I will continue to send my best wishes for a thorough remission.

Jerry Atrick
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

What, no Gerbils could call or text or email? Some of you are not good Gerbils!

Last edited 3 months ago by Jerry Atrick
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

That’s true. I apologize, Jerry, for not letting you know.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

Jerry!!1!

Thank you, sir; relayed to Brenda.

Hope all’s well in whatever corner of the world you’re currently in.

I heard that today was it for Trump -- that they really got the goods on him now. I wonder how that will turn out?