The goat wins.

Good morning, GN.

Mac, hope all is well with you and Mrs. Mac -- how’s the dental work going?

Reply to  Mac

Have they added the implanted tooth and you are all done, or is that down the road yet?

Short and insightful.

This is really a tactical debate about the best way to secure conservative victories. And it’s playing out with both men following their model.

And the opposite perspective.

The Club’s enlistment of former TPP approving congressman Ron DeSantis as a foil against the MAGA leader is transparent. DeSantis, funded by massive contributions from the Wall Street approval committee, replaces the prior approved candidate, Jeb.  This Big Ugly battle was always going to end up with vulgarian Trump -vs- the next Jeb. The Club has selected DeSantis as Jeb.

BrendaK
Admin

I always thought Jeb was a non-starter, and while I know it’s probably mostly for the optics I still like DeSantis’ fire in the hole approach. Ooh -- sorry about captioning. I kept falling asleep on Friday and frankly the whole day was pretty much a blur.

Happy Smack-the-Goat Caturday, Gerbil Nation!
Good morning, Sven, and Mac!

Mac -- I’m glad you’re dental work went well. I hope the pain of buying a car for Elena wasn’t too great. When I finished paying off my car, I added that payment to Mrs. Paddy’s car. When we pay hers off next August, we’ll continue to make those payments to ourselves to build up a cash reserve.

Sven -- interesting articles. I’m not sure who to believe, but I don’t see DeSantis as another Jeb.

Reply to  Mac

Glad you found a vehicle that fits your needs.

I’m not sure either, Paddy, which interpretation is the correct one. I do think that it’s going be an ugly two years for the right politically speaking. Once Trump announces next week, every right-leaning pundit and politician is going to be asked the “do you support Trump” in every interview or public appearance for the next two years. Trump is forcing people to make a choice now when it isn’t really necessary or good for the country.