A blessed Sabbath, Gerbil Nation!
I hope Sven’s EABBQ & walk-about went well.

G’morning, GN! (Hope RabBeet drops-in and gets to see teh thread pic!)

I hope Sven’s EABBQ & walk-about went well.

Seconded.

Tweaked my lower back yesterday maneuvering a particularly heavy book box through teh garage obstacle course (which is itself largely caused by teh shuffling of cartons around in there). Doing much better today, but I think further carton schlepping will be deferred until tomorrow. Plus, I’ve already got three other partially-unloaded book boxes in teh office I can fiddle with.

BBL.

Rest-the best medicine for something like that.

Jerry Atrick

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!

Greetings from delightful Bountiful.

Good morning,

Alive, barely. I think I’m too old for some of this stuff.

The City workers actually came through and got the road open right around 2:00 so little impact. Seventy people all told, but things worked and flowed mostly OK. Folks seemed happy; the band played for 3 hours-Mrs Sven did vocals on 4 songs and did alright. No fights-not even a serious argument. One irate neighbor. Looking around this morning-the place aint too wrecked.

My friend Steve from CO who passed away back in ’09-his daughter and ex-wife came in. His daughter is growing into a beautiful young lady-a sweet girl-he’d be proud of her.

I’ll do a little cleanup while Mrs Sven sleeps-we didnt crash until 3 this morning-and then a traditional brunch at a local Mexican place.

Huh., The Kings won last night-at least they aint getting swept.

Jerry Atrick

I need some prayers for my back-door neighbors. When I first moved in 20 years ago they really didn’t like me or the family. But in the last 10 years we have both tried to build a friendship based upon mutual respect.

And we did. I so love Fran and Mark. They have become my bestest neighbors ever. I look after Deuce, their dog (and without whom, my Sarah would be the worst dog in the neighborhood) and they look after Sarah.

I noticed that Fran was looking thinner a few years ago and I have a good friend that via happenstance has the same oncologist. Now, she is in the end stage of cancer. I just am so upset. It’s the same as when Drew or Mom or Dad died.

Frequently, I grill or make food for them and they do the same for me. OK, I’m just rambling now. You know, I really love my neighbors, all my neighbors. I just hope that someday we will be neighbors again.

Machinist
Admin
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

I’m very sorry, Jerry. I know that terrible feeling, as do you. My thoughts are with you.

BrendaK
Admin
Reply to  Jerry Atrick

I’m so sorry, Jerry. I’ll have a thought and a prayer for you and for your friends.

Reply to  Jerry Atrick

I’m sorry, Jerrie. Prayers for Fran, Mark, and you. Prayers for your good friend, as well. You really are a good neighbor and a Good Gerbil.

BrendaK
Admin

So I was over at Drudge and, my G*d, the world doesn’t get any less dysfunctional, does it?!

I came back here for some sanity. Thanks, TSW.

BrendaK
Admin

Happily snagged from protein wisdom, who nicked it from Dave Burge, who got it from heaven-knows-where:

Jerry --

Good thoughts en route to your neighbors and you.

Spring choir concert tonight -- including pieces by PDQ Bach.
Have a good evening, ‘cuz you just know Jerrie will!